Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Whip Hand Cosmetics used for cover shoot for Today's CNY Woman magazine

My blogging as seriously been lacking on the commercial aspect of our work. Not for lack of jobs! We are happy and love our commercial business. I just forget to talk about it.

So for this shoot I had just gotten a few items from a newer makeup line, Whip Hand Cosmetics, that I wanted to try. The line has been taking the makeup artist community by storm and I had to try a few things for myself.




So this first thing I notice is the shipping packaging. WOW! I'm a sucker for cool packaging. So I was instantly hooked. Riese, the creator of Whip Hand, is a fellow makeup artist. Her fierce personality is evident in every way with her products.I seriously didnt' really want to open it.... it was so pretty. But I HAD to try these products.


I personally try everything before using it on clients... I can't afford to use a product that doesn't perform when I'm working. So after trying it on myself and loving it, I took it on the shoot for the cover of Today's CNY Woman. This shoot was at Lune Chocolat in Manlius,NY. I was already a customer of their chocolatey goodness prior to the shoot (try their Lavender and Honey or a Chai Buddha,you won't be disappointed)
The results were beautiful. I primed her face with Set The Stage Primer and used Sneaky creme eye shadow as a base for some of my powder shadows. I used Analyze which is a creme blush that was perfect!To finish the look I sprayed Give Good Face over the whole thing. It's a Rosewater Tonic that smells fantastic and hydrates and plumps the skin for an amazing finish.
So now I am a loyal Whip Hand Cosmetics fan. I'm writing my review of Set the Stage ASAP. EVERYONE should have it in their makeup bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment