Monday, February 11, 2013

Oswego Alumni Magazine shoot- makeup artist Holly Piselli for A-List Artistry

One of my favorite calls to get is for makeup artist for magazine work(usually the cover). I find the cover "model" is always someone with an interesting background and I enjoy hearing their story.
One of the coolest cover stories was scheduled on a dreary rainy day at SUNY Oswego .Who am I kidding it was pouring, high winds and it turned my umbrella inside out on the long walk across campus to the shoot location. I arrived drenched, shivering and excited beyond belief.
I was going to be the makeup artist/stylist for Joanna Shelmidine! 
All dolled up and ready to kick some butt (not mine, thankfully) Joanna, left. Holly, right















Name unfamiliar? I'll admit, I hadn't heard of her. But after a quick google search I realized I had seen a ton of her work! Turns out Joanna is an amazing stunt woman that has been seen on episodes of some of my favorite shows including The Sopranos, Ugly Betty, and Fear Factor, among countless other television and film jobs. 
How cool! 
behind the scenes- shot with my cell phone







Joanna is in incredible shape!


We had such an amazing day on this shoot. Joanna was willing to do anything they threw at her and then some. All of that work certainly gets a stunt woman a little sweaty, but her makeup stayed just as strong as she was!

Here are a few shots photographer Robert Mascavage shared with me. 

I made one of the shots! Not sure if it made the issue or not

My favorite!
Bob has an amazing eye for color and contrast. These shots are not retouched. They are straight out of the camera! To see more of Bob's work:  www.mescavagephoto.com


If you have a minute, check out Joanna's stunt reel. Totally badass!


No comments:

Post a Comment