Sunday, July 27, 2014

Makeup for 2014 political commercial shoot in Syracuse NY

When it is an election year, commercial makeup artists are busy with print and film work for campaigns. 
I've done several over the years. I love seeing both politicians and their constituents talk so passionately about things they believe in.

It's also great to work on these jobs because the production crews they hire a true pros. Well oiled machines that operate efficiently, have a well planned shooting schedule and have back up plans for any unforeseen issues. 

Watching the monitor lets me see what viewers will see and I can make makeup adjustments as needed.

 The featured photos are from a short shoot in Syracuse. 

Usually the shoots are 12+ hours in a day covering a number of miles to travel to different towns and businesses that support a candidate. I absolutely love seeing parts of New York State I might not see otherwise. Ice cream shops, steel mills, farms, and banks... any business that makes up a community gets involved. 
The constituents filmed never complain that as the makeup artist/stylist I'm spraying their hair, covering blemishes(even the men) or adjusting their clothes. They are so passionate about helping. 
It makes for a really rewarding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment